Friday, July 13, 2007

A Fabulous Wedding at Lake Lanier Islands

A few weeks ago Melissa and I had the pleasure to shoot Joe and Monica's wedding at Lake Lanier Islands. It was my first time visiting the lake, and as we drove there I felt like I was on vacation, thousands of miles away from Atlanta. The sights and sounds brought me back to my childhood when I would visit Sunset Beach in N.C. As we got closer to the hotel I was getting more and more excited and couldn't wait to see the photographic possibilities.

The wedding was delightful and the shooting was wet, due to the fact that I jumped into the lake to take a few shots of the wedding party and the bride and groom on shore. Take a look below and see all we captured. Enjoy!





















Melissa caught a really cool moment here. You can see that Monica is experiencing an array of emotions as she gazes at Joe.








I love these next two shots that Melissa captured. So romantic!






A perfect ending to a lovely first dance.


I think I should explain this photo. Joe was given five physical challenges that he must pass to join Monica's family. Only if he completes the tasks will he be knighted into the family. This picture is showing a sword knighting Joe. He was so excited that he passed. Way to go Joe, your new family loves you.

3 comments:

6 of Four Creations said...

Gorgeous! I loved the first two an then the beach shots. Way to go guys. You did a wonderful job!

katie

Sara Speert Photography said...

Really beautiful images! I especially love the portraits on the rocks. See you soon.

Anonymous said...

Well said.