Monday, June 01, 2009

Jeff and Amanda Oakes

I had the most delightful time photographing Jeff and Amanda on their wedding day along with my friend Sara. Amanda was so playful with the camera and completely relaxed and Jeff was more subdued and thoughtful. When I first arrived at the house I was completely blown away with the lighting that was coming in the window above the bed and I knew instantly that I wanted her dress draped over the comforter so that it could play with the light. It ended up being my favorite shot of the day.

The other memorable moment of the day was during the last 10 minutes of the ceremony; the clouds came rolling in and it started to rain. To my surprise everyone held their ground and watched the rest of the beautiful ceremony. We all got a little wet, but it did not create a damper on the wedding. I would like to wish Amanda and Jeff a lifetime of happiness, may the storms that come your way be few.














































2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Amanda and Jeff!

Matt, these turned out great! LOVE the dress shot, the priceless cake moment, and the sweet kiss in the front yard. So fun shooting with you again.


~Sara

Christy Barrett said...

Matt,
You did an amazing job!!
I know Amanda and Jeff are happy they chose you as their photographer!
It was awesome having you there!
Thanks so much for making it fun!